Average Rating: 4TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
YIELD: 4 servings.
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tart apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Mix the first five ingredients. Cut tenderloin crosswise into eight slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle pork with seasoning mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apple; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- 3. In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- 4. Add broth and wine to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Mix cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth; stir into broth mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5. Return pork and apple to pan. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup apple mixture: 260 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.