Average Rating: 4.75TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
YIELD: 12 servings (3 quarts).
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Place first 9 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust pressure to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- 2. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Mix flour and 1/2 cup cream until smooth; stir into soup. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, bacon, cilantro and remaining cream. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Serve with remaining cheese.
1 cup: 289 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.