Average Rating: 0TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
YIELD: 2-1/2 dozen.
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, raisins, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and paprika; heat through.
- 3. Drain potatoes; mash with garlic powder and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Shape 2 tablespoons potatoes into a patty; place a heaping tablespoon of filling in the center. Shape potatoes around filling, forming a ball. Repeat.
- 4. Place eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip potato balls in eggs, then roll in bread crumbs. Preheat air fryer to 400°. In batches, place in single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 14-16 minutes.
3 pieces: 625 calories, 46g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.