Average Rating: 4.166666TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
YIELD: 6 servings.
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 turkey bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Marsala wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and pepper. Dip pork chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, add mushrooms, onion and bacon to drippings; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce: 232 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.