Average Rating: 4.5TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
YIELD: 16 scones.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and 1/2 cup milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into 8 wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool for 10 minutes. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones. Serve warm.
1 scone: 338 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.