Average Rating: 4.666666TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
YIELD: 4 servings.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add oil. Add green pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove pepper and set aside. Press cancel.
- 2. Mix cumin and chili powder; sprinkle pork chops with 2 teaspoons spice mixture. Place pork in pressure cooker. In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, hot sauce, salt and remaining spice mixture; pour over pork. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- 3. Stir in chicken broth, breaking up pork into pieces. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; bring to a boil. Add rice. Cook until rice is tender, 5 minutes longer. Serve with sauteed green pepper.
1 serving: 423 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.