Average Rating: 5TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
YIELD: 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add 1 Tbsp. butter. When hot, add mushrooms; cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- 2. Heat the remaining butter in pressure cooker; brown chicken on both sides. Remove. Add the broth and wine to pressure cooker. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel.
- 3. Return chicken and mushrooms to cooker; add green onions. Lock lid and close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes and quick-release any remaining pressure. (A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.)
1 serving: 243 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.