Average Rating: 0TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
YIELD: 20 servings.
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place turkey in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. In a small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients; pour over turkey. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 25 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- 2. Remove turkey from pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks; return meat to pressure cooker. Stir to heat through.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325°. Split rolls; brush cut sides with butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture on roll bottoms. Replace tops.
1 mini sandwich: 252 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.