Average Rating: 0TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
YIELD: 12 servings.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk stout beer
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a 10-in. cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet, combine butter and stout. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. In another large bowl, beat egg, egg yolks and sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour, baking cocoa and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well.
- 2. Spread into skillet. Bake until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in skillet on a wire rack. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
1 piece: 363 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.