Average Rating: 3.888888TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
YIELD: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 14 ounces)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, broth, water and garlic; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until cauliflower is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles, 6-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Add sausage and mushrooms to cauliflower mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Serve with bacon.
1-1/4 cups: 358 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.