Average Rating: 4.655172TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
YIELD: 16 servings.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime zest, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-75 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency. If desired, stir in zest. Drizzle over cake.
1 slice: 457 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.