Average Rating: 4.5TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
YIELD: 4 servings.
- 3 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2-1/2 cups apple juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 center-cut pork rib chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add 3/4 cup juice and melted butter; toss until combined.
- 2. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing horizontally to the bone. Fill each with about 1/2 cup stuffing; place on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add 1-1/2 cups apple juice to pan. Cover tightly with foil; bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads at least 145°, 35-45 minutes.
- 3. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 8-inch baking dish. Bake, covered, until heated through, 20-25 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, for glaze, place brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup apple juice in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- 5. To serve, brush chops with glaze. Serve with additional stuffing.
1 stuffed pork chop with 1/2 cup stuffing: 750 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 1000mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 48g protein.