Average Rating: 4.611111TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
YIELD: 8 servings.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed, divided
- Reduced-fat whipped cream in a can
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, evaporated milk, egg whites and egg. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar; set aside. Place water and 3-1/2 cups raspberries in a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until pureed.
- 3. Strain puree into cornstarch mixture and discard seeds. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Stir crepe batter; pour a scant 3 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- 5. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 6. Spread each crepe with 2 tablespoons sauce. Fold each crepe into quarters; place two crepes on each of eight individual plates. Top servings with remaining sauce and 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Garnish with remaining raspberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
1 serving: 203 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.