Average Rating: 5TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
YIELD: 6 servings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, thinly sliced
- 1. Whisk flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream until dough forms a ball. Shape into a disk; cover and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a colander; toss with remaining salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°. On a floured sheet of parchment, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- 4. Place cheese slices over crust to within 2 in. of edge; arrange tomatoes over cheese. Fold crust edges over filling, pleating as you go and leaving center uncovered. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
1 piece: 317 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.