Average Rating: 4.526315TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
YIELD: 8 servings.
- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional pasta water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving 2-1/2 cups pasta water; transfer spaghetti to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Dissolve bouillon in reserved pasta water.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in sherry, reserved pasta water and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Reduce heat to low; stir in milk and 1/3 cup cheese until blended. Add turkey; heat through, stirring constantly. Pour over spaghetti; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and, if desired, paprika.
- 4. Bake, covered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
1 cup: 357 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.