Average Rating: 4.545454TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
YIELD: 8 servings.
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh chives and sour cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp, stirring occasionally. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until bacon is crisp. Drain well.
- 2. Place potatoes and water to cover in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, unroll and press pizza crust onto an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; prick several times with a fork. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Increase oven setting to 375°.
- 4. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk and salt. Spread over crust. Top with bacon mixture and cheeses.
- 5. Bake until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chives and serve with sour cream.
1 slice: 456 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1012mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.