Average Rating: 5TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min.
YIELD: 6 servings.
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- 1. In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients; stir in macaroni. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- 2. Select saute setting and adjust for medium heat. Stir in shredded cheeses, shrimp, blue cheese and hot sauce. Cook until heated through, 5-6 minutes. Just before serving, stir in chives, parsley and, if desired, additional hot sauce.
1 serving: 551 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 1269mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.