Average Rating: 4TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
YIELD: 4 servings.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked ziti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, oregano and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and milk; bring to a boil. Add ziti; cook for 7-8 minutes or until ziti is tender, adding broccoli and red peppers during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 3. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
2 cups: 528 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 975mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 43g protein.