Average Rating: 5TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 40 min. + releasing
YIELD: 10 servings.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked brown or white rice
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, chopped unsalted peanuts, hot sauce and lime wedges
- 1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add oil; add one roast half. Brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove; repeat with remaining beef.
- 2. Return beef to pressure cooker; add red pepper. In a bowl, whisk coconut milk with next six ingredients; pour over meat. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 35 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Add sugar snap peas; return to full pressure, and cook 5 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- 3. Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks. Stir in cilantro. Serve with rice and toppings of your choice.
Freeze option: Place cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
1 cup: 421 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.