Southwestern Wagon Wheels
I used to have the luxury of time, which allowed me to cook from scratch. But after a husband and child, I'm sure glad I saved my "convenience" recipes, like this this super easy pasta dinner.
Average Rating: 4.75TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
YIELD: 5 servings.
- 4 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, mushrooms and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- 2. Drain pasta; serve with sauce mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.