Average Rating: 0TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 35 min.
YIELD: 2 servings.
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer chicken to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Rinse eggplant; pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl; add pasta sauce and toss to coat. Spoon over chicken; top with remaining cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
1 each: 468 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1459mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 11g fiber), 45g protein.